We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
Do you enjoy investigating, putting facts together to solve problems, AND have a passion for helping customers recover from the unexpected? Do you have an ability to remain organized and maintain a strong attention to detail while managing multiple priorities AND delivering a remarkable customer experience? This might be the right opportunity for you!
We hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. As a Claim Specialist at State Farm, you will be part of a team dedicated to delivering the State Farm promise to our policyholders. You will play a critical role in helping them recover from the unexpected!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
This posting will be active from 6/18/21 to 7/16/21 at 12 PM CT.
What You Can Expect
Anticipated Start Date: To Be Announced
Hours of Operation: The anticipated hours of operation will be 7:30am-8:00pm. As such, depending on the customer time zone and employee office location, employee shift may fall outside of 7:30am-8:00pm employee time. Employees may be expected to work in a rotating shift environment including irregular hours, weekends and holidays based on workload and job requirements, employees’ work schedules may change based on business need.
Required Training: You will be required to attend all training necessary for this position as dictated by the department. Training requirements, times and duration may vary based on current job role, experience, jurisdictional knowledge, etc. training hours are normally 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday with a 45 minute non-paid lunch daily. Training hours may vary based on business needs.
Licensing (if applicable): this position requires successful completion of all applicable state adjustor licensing exams and background checks necessary to obtain the appropriate state mandated licenses. Employees will have three attempts to successfully complete all exams. The maximum time period between the initial examination attempt and the final attempt is 90 business days. Newly hired employees must obtain licenses within six months of their hire date. You must maintain and keep all licenses current and in good standing including completion of required continuing education. Failure to successfully complete all exams and/or complete and pass the state required background checks timely may result in termination of employment.
Additionally, there may be some initial out-of-pocket expenses for licensing registration that you will be asked to pay during your first week of employment. State Farm will reimburse these expenses within 5-7 business days of your expense reimbursement request. You will also complete a P&C Licensing Agreement as part of your onboarding.
Telephone Monitoring: positions are subject to telephone monitoring and/or recording for quality assurance and training purposes. You will be required to sign the Acknowledgement and Consent to Telephone monitoring and Recording Form on your start date.
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process.
This is where the excitement begins!
Relocation benefits may apply
In this role, you will consistently deliver a remarkable customer experience through handling claims. On a daily basis you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle claims for assigned areas which may include: verification of coverage, legal liability and extent of damage to persons, which may require contact by telephone, written correspondence, or various electronic media. Your investigation may include:
· Prepares and/or reviews written or computerized estimates in loss settlements
· Arrangement of rental car, providing towing service (when required)
· Handle claims in a team environment. Daily schedule is made up of phone time and task time. Adhering to your daily schedule is expected and required.
· Applies knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations when determining coverage, ;liability , damages of injury (first and third party) and property damages
· Determines whether additional or specialized investigation is necessary for claim resolution
· Communicates with witnesses, agents, other insurance companies, repair shops, contractors, medical providers, attorneys, and others in the course of conducting investigations
· Strong verbal communication skills are a must (resolving customer conflict while maintaining tact and poise)
We Are Looking for Candidates With Must Have Skills/Technologies:
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills along with high competence in the following: Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Customer Focus, Quality, Resourcefulness, Technical/Functional Expertise
· Ability to apply policy , law, and regulations to ensure proper resolution of claims
· A passion to be part of a team dedicated to helping State Farm fulfill our commitment to our policyholders
***Strong decision-making, judgement, investigation and negotiation experience/skills are essential
Preferred/Desired Skills, Education, Knowledge, Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Claim handling knowledge and experience