- Learn insurance and claims terminology
- Work in various claims teams
- Various claims projects
- Assist teams on various IT Claims projects with our new systems DMITRI, ABICAT and Decision Focus
- Attend claims conferences and customer meetings
- Weekly meetings with the manager/ mentor
- Arch University courses
- Weekly report on activities
- Capstone project – Presentation to larger group on Intern Experience and lesson learned
Arch Insurance Group’s Internship Program offers students a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in the insurance industry. It provides a learning experience that serves as a foundation for interns to explore their career choices and to develop professional skills. Working alongside some of the most talented members of the insurance industry, interns will gain relevant expertise in various aspects of the field.
The program is designed with the following objectives:
- Provide challenging work that benefits both the intern and Arch
- Develop interns through learning activities and ongoing feedback
- Identify talented individuals for full-time opportunities
Type of Work
The type and complexity of work will vary depending on the department. The responsibilities and projects assigned will require strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
In addition to challenging projects, all interns will participate in the Speaker Series, either in person in Jersey City for JC and NY interns, or via conference call for interns located in Branch offices. This is an event that targets leaders of various departments to share their individual career experiences and expertise in their field.
The summer program will culminate with an event in which interns demonstrate their experience and what they have learned through an individual presentation. The event will be attended by their managers, and local Senior Executives.
The program will begin in early June and lasts for a period of ten weeks. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a one hour lunch break.
The standard qualifications of intern candidates are:
- 3.0 GPA
- Junior or Senior undergraduate status
- Interest in Insurance industry or related field
Salary Range: $22 - $28 per hour