We are looking for a new leader to join our management team as our Actuarial Officer. This position reports directly to the President of the company and will influence the overall strategy, plans, and vision for the future. From day one, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on the overall direction of this department and the organization as a whole. Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work. This position offers a robust, nationwide relocation package!
Great West is a subsidiary of Old Republic Insurance Group who is one of the top 35 property/casualty insurers in the United States and is a commercial lines insurance carrier that focuses predominantly on providing liability insurance for specific sectors of the North American economy.
- Manage day-to-day operations.
- Communicate and drive change with business partners outside the Actuarial department.
- Travel to our regional locations to cultivate strong working relationships.
- Explore and implement new products and services.
- Provide sound judgment in setting rates for the company.
- Grow leaders within our seven-person Actuarial department.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.