BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
Are you driven to take charge to help resolve a problem with a “can do” attitude? Do you want to make an immediate impact in the lives of our members by providing top notch service and an effortless experience?
If so, apply for our Customer Service role and take the next step toward building the future you desire.
WHAT MAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY UNIQUE?
- Nationwide Total Rewards – built with the customer service professional in mind
- $32,000 starting salary with opportunities to increase salary based on performance
- Life / work balance with 18 days of paid time off with the chance to earn more time off through volunteer activities! We also offer 9-10 paid holidays
- 10-15% shift differential on qualifying shifts
- A 401K match AND a company funded pension plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision + wellness program
- $5,250 in tuition reimbursement annually(Eligible after one year)
- Discounts through our Plenti Rewards program
- On-site gym, game room, sports courts, walking/jogging trails, cafeteria, Starbucks cafe, and on-site nurse.
Culture & Stability
Nationwide is one of the largest Financial Services employers in America. We are also:
- Fortune 85 company
- Winner of Gallup’s Great Place to Work award, year over year
- Named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For
- More than a business and we are committed to making a difference in the communities where we live and work
We offer a suite of comprehensive insurance and financial solutions that help keep our members, their loved ones, and their belongings protected.
We are growing our customer service team in Des Moines, IA. If you are an enthusiastic and hardworking service professional who desires a fast paced, fun and results based workplace, we want to hire you!
Our associate centered culture recognizes performance while having fun along the way. Our Customer Service Associates are key to the member experience as we strive to provide the right solution the first time.
At Nationwide, your leaders work hard to support your development and career goals, resulting in ample opportunities to be promoted into other roles within the company. Our collaborative work environment empowers associates to make a difference through identifying, recommending and implementing process improvements that positively impact growth and member experience.
Our Awesome Service Environment
- We have fun while providing best in class service and solutions
- Team environment with the ability to work independently
- Personalized work space
- Flexible shifts that include daytime, evening, and weekend options
WHAT MAKES GOOD FIT?
As a Customer Service Associate, you are responsible for providing On Your Side service to our Members and Agents. You are a part of the customer satisfaction strategy that will take us to the next level! If you are enthusiastic, solution oriented, and thrive in a fast paced, customer focused environment, and care about helping others, we want you to apply! At Nationwide, we are focused on hiring Customer Service Associates looking for a long term career, not just a short term job!
Thinking of applying? Here’s what you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Comfort with Contact Center environment
- Motivated to take charge and help the member to resolve their concerns within the first call, with the ability to suggest or show alternative solutions based on customer needs
- Ability to de-escalate a phone call through problem solving
- Committed to working a shift that is outside traditional business hours in order to be available when our members need us the most and help us fulfill our On Your Side promise
Start Date: March 27th, 2017
Want 3 days off, choose our 4-day work week schedule?
3/27: 10:30am – 9:00pm with Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday Off
10:00am – 8:30pm with Tuesday/Wednesday/Sunday Off
Prefer a 5-day work week schedule?
3/27: 11:00am – 7:30pm with Wednesday/Sunday Off
10:30am – 7:00pm with Thursday/Saturday Off
Your career at Nationwide will start with comprehensive training that is designed to prepare you for success as a customer service rep. Our award winning training is 16 weeks long and hours will be Monday thru Friday are 8 AM - 4:30 PM. After training, the initial work schedule will include evening hours and weekends.
Apply today and be part of something great!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for handling inbound calls of moderate complexity regarding insurance policies from policyholders, agents, third parties, and business partners. Completes and processes all necessary forms. Creates an exceptional customer experience while contributing to individual and team goals. Provides process and performance improvement recommendations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to PL Service Supervisor
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers moderately complex inbound phone calls from policyholders, agents, third parties, and business partners who are inquiring about insurance products.
2. Reduces customer call backs by creating a simple, hassle-free interaction for the caller.
3. Responsible for using all available resources to make policy changes, answer policy, and billing questions, take payments, and provide requested documentation.
4. Completes and processes all necessary forms. Follows up for necessary documents in order to process requested changes.
5. Participates in technical and customer service skills training to stay aware of current and best practices.
6. Diagnoses customer issues at a developing level. Provides solutions and uses a structured thought process to achieve results while balancing customers’ needs with company guidelines. Majority of calls will be moderate, but may take overflow of complex calls if necessary.
7. Provides process and performance improvement recommendations.
8. Is fully cross trained on all available product lines for the business unit.
9. Some positions may require bilingual skills.
10. Some positions may require knowledge and use of two platforms.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school studies; some undergraduate studies preferred.
License/Certificates: For some positions state licensing could be required. Continuing education as required by state(s). Associates may be asked to obtain the required state licenses within the time period designated by the business unit. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses /registrations within the time period designated by the business unit.
Experience: Meets minimum experience level for Member Care Representative I. In addition, typically three months of foundational training and experience; successful demonstration of holistic foundational experience including performance and company strategy elements. Demonstrated experience in moderate call handling.
Knowledge: Knowledge of general business practices and terminology. Familiarity with insurance and customer service concepts. Mastery of foundational call skills including Nationwide billing and billing systems, Nationwide policies and systems, data management, end-to-end process understanding, product knowledge, and technical knowledge. Is fully cross-trained on all insurance products for the business unit.
Skills/Competencies: Strong verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical insurance and billing information to policyholders, agents, third parties, and peers. Analytical skills to analyze billing information. Requires strong multi-tasking and computer navigational skills.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Director and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Nonexempt (Eligible)
Working Conditions: Call center environment; possible 24/7/365 hours of operations. Extended periods of sitting/using personal computer and phone. Non-standard hours based on phone volume.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities, for some positions a valid credit check and/or background check may be required as part of the selection process.
Job Evaluation Activity: 10/2012 CAH
Job Function/Family: CUS/PCC