FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager– Applications Programming
The Programmer maintains software applications and insures the integrity of data on various technology platforms. The Programmer provides management and business system users with required information by maintaining existing code using various programming languages and techniques.
The Programmer will work with our policy administration system, and support our rating and document production processes.
1) Writes and maintains simple source code to accomplish tasks as outlined in project request documentation.
2) Creates and maintains job control language to execute programs and utilities.
3) Participates in the development, testing and implementation of new and modified programs to meet business system user needs.
4) Provides documentation of program development and job flow.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists department with special projects and assignments.
- Associate Degree in a technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of various programming skills, including JAVA, C++, Visual Basic, COBOL, IBM Utilities and toolsets, TCP/IP, CVS, Softlandings Turnover, and IIS Web Server.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and XML markup languages and Java Technologies.
- Good interpersonal communications skills for dealing with users.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be a logical thinker with strong analytical skills.
1. Normal office working conditions
2. Sitting for extended periods of time
3. Continuous use of the computer and associated extended visual concentration
4. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
5. Stress associated with meeting deadlines
Requires routine supervision with little choice in methods used to perform work.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
United Ohio Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. United Ohio Insurance Company will comply with any legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.