HMS Insurance Associates, Inc. is seeking motivated, self-directed individuals to apply for paid summer intern positions. HMS is a customer focused, fast growing, privately owned Independent Insurance Agency servicing the Mid-Atlantic Region. We provide a broad range of insurance and alternative risk management products and services to businesses, public entities and individuals.
The internship is an 8 week, full-time position that will provide an overview of our business. The internship also offers training in the skills and knowledge necessary to work within an assigned business area. As a summer intern, you will be introduced to HMS Insurance and the insurance industry in general. The emphasis of the program is to develop you through a formalized program of training and exposure to all aspects of our business. The internship will include practical and hands on experience utilizing the intern’s specific skills and college course s emphasis.
The program is open to current college students ONLY!
Accounting, Business and Marketing majors preferred but not required.
Personal development opportunities may include:
Introduction to HMS operations
Introduction to Property & Casualty Insurance
Project Management Skills
System and Application Training
Team Building Exercises
Throughout the summer you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on projects that are relevant to the agency and interact with internal staff and clients
- Gain business acumen and a general understanding of the insurance industry
- Directly contribute to and achieve results in improvement of a particular process or offering at HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
- Spend time with management and executives to learn about HMS business strategy and operations
- Be paired with a mentor at the beginning of the internship program that will act as a resource throughout the process
At the end of the summer you will summarize and present what you learned throughout the duration of your internship to upper management. Leadership at HMS Insurance Associates, Inc. is committed to leaving you with an insight into the insurance industry and great experience to build on throughout your entire post college career!