2017 Summer Nationwide Product Internship Position
The product intern will work with the Personal Lines Product Team. The candidate will work in both a team and independent atmosphere to formulate conclusions, analyze data, and develop recommendations to support the Product Managers on the team. The intern must possess quantitative skills and be able to multi-task on several projects. The internship will be held over the summer month for approximately a 10 to 12 week period.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to: Supervisor and Mentor. The Mentor relationship will help the candidate get involved and provide support to the individual as needed.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze large data sets to make strategic business decisions with the guidance of product managers.
2. Evaluate competitors’ products to identify key concepts to research and share findings.
3. Track competitor rate changes and market share.
4. Demonstrate the willingness to be engaged and try new things.
5. Participate in department and company meetings.
6. Complete training related to insurance as well as computer applications that the applicant will be working with.
7. Answer questions about products, coverages, or discounts from agents and others associated with Nationwide.
8. Complete a project with other interns at Nationwide and present in front of senior leadership at the end of the summer
9. Perform other duties as assigned.