2017 Summer Intern
Employee Benefits/Risk Services/P&C
Internship Program Director
Assist Lockton associates on key initiatives including carrier/client correspondence, marketing projects, account servicing and client service plans. Interns are exposed to a number of different associates and may be given the opportunity to work with insurance carriers and clients.
- Provide and coordinate administrative support to unit, including returning phone calls, coordinating presentations, carrier/client correspondence, copy jobs, overnight mailings, binding jobs, graphics, etc.
- Assist with financial reporting for annual renewals, mid-year reviews and monthly claim reports.
- Request renewals from carriers for all lines of coverage.
- Assist with all marketing efforts as assigned by benefit associates, including development of Request for Proposal (RFP), carrier follow-up, and production of marketing report.
- Assist in producing employee communications (newsletters, bulletins, overhead presentations, etc.) as assigned by benefit associates.
- Develop ownership by familiarizing self with contracts, booklets, communications materials, and administrative materials, company cost sharing strategy and benefit schedules.
- Maintain permanent master files (keep current SPDs/certificates by client for each line of coverage, including revised documents/amendments), financial binders, agency management system and accounting records at the direction of the benefit associates.
- Attend internal meetings/education programs.
- Participate in Lockton’s benefit training program.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.